Green Assembly is in the business of indoor plants; specifically, an online store delivering plants and gifts to the people of Perth. We exist to bring moments of joy to people’s lives and green goodness to people’s homes. We hold a reputation for providing the healthiest indoor plants in Perth, and we pride ourselves on maintaining this and a high level of customer service.
The Operations Manager – Indoor Plants position is a leading role at Green Assembly and reports directly to the owner. We will rely on you to oversee the day to day operations of the warehouse and order fulfilment, plant care, manage staff and maintain our high customer service standards.
The ability to problem solve, think on your feet and maintain attention to detail is vital. As is solid experience in indoor plant care, customer service people management and a previous operations/ warehouse management role.
- Ensuring customer needs are met, complaints are resolved, and service is quick and efficient
- Actively respond to customer enquiries via phone, email, and sometimes Facebook and Instagram.
- Manage other staff to ensure our high customer service standards are consistently maintained in every interaction with a customer.
- Manage customers expectations on orders and their delivery status.
Plant care and maintenance
- Be our expert plant guru in all interactions with customers and new staff
- Oversee the health of all plants to ensure that they are thriving
- Plant, pest and disease identification skills and soil knowledge
Order fulfilment & Delivery
- Oversee the daily management of order preparation to ensure every order is prepared to a high standard and delivered on time
- Manage delivery drivers schedules in OptimoRoute to ensure all orders can be delivered on time
- Update inventory via WooCommerce (web platform), accounting for breakages or plants not suitable for sale.
- Manage the ordering of plants, pots and other materials
- Update our online product range (via WordPress)
- Manage the warehouse space efficiently and safely. This requires safe physical work, including utilising pallet jacks and lifting within safe levels.
- Arrange product photoshoots with our photographer and upload them to the website
- Oversea the growth and engagement of the Indoor Plant Facebook community page
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve brand awareness.
- 1-year experience in plant care in an indoor plant retail store, nursery (or similar)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A flexible approach to work hours
- Strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with stock management and ordering (preferably using an online system)
- Familiarity with WordPress (or similar) website management
- Management experience and proven ability to create a fun and efficient workplace
- The ability to provide solutions and help drive sales
Terms of employment
- Part-time permanent position 20+ hours across a minimum of 4 days with a three month probation period (some work from home flexibility can be negotiated).
October 27 start date